Saturday, December 15, 2007

Trip Memories (My VAISHNODEVI Yatra Vivran)

MY VAISHNODEVI Trip ( 31st Jan – 2nd Feb 2003) Memories

Few pages from archive (I Originally wrote it around 5 years back).
Last Friday (31-Jan-2003) We (myself, my friend Umesh, Deepak Bhaiya, Sunil Sir & his bro) went to 'VAISHNODEVI', the instant plan was made by Deepak Bhaiya (one of my very good friends) at 3:00pm Friday when we both were in office, he told me that Sunil sir has already booked 3 tickets, "let's go to VAISHNODEVI", I called up Umesh to know whether he is also ready; he replied yes, since we didn't have tickets booked for us we were supposed to reach the station a bit early and get the tatkal reservation.
I left office and started for home at 5:00pm, since it was a sudden plan we had to do packing also. At 7:15pm I reached home, Umesh doesn't have cell phone, I called him on his friend Rinku's number and informed that we're going by Jammu Mail (9:10pm) from Old Delhi Railway Station and also we'll meet in front of main entrance of railway station, Since Cell phones are not allowed in Vaishnodevi temple I also planned not to carry it with me and told Ajay bhaiya [my roommate] that don't accept any call until I come back [since incomings are also charged before 10.00pm night, and I didn't have much balance on my card]. after taking dinner at 8:00pm I started for Railway Station, I faced a lot of problem getting auto. Since Old Daily railway station is too far from Katwaria Sarai (South Delhi), Auto drivers were not ready to go at that time. Luckily I got one at 8:10pm & had only 1:00 hour in my hand to catch the train, I asked auto-wala to drive as fast as he can and anyhow take me to station on-time. I reached railway station at 9:08pm, but I didn't find Umesh there; I was searching for him, and exactly 9:11pmJammu Mail departed from platform. Whole plan seemed to go for toss; I was anxious why Umesh didn't come. I came out of station and wanted to call Rinku to know where Umesh is? Since mobile phone can store numbers with name, people having cell phones usually don't remember the numbers. I'm no exception, Even I couldn't recall Ajay Bhaiya's number also; Now when I'm trying to remember Rinku's number I'm not at all getting. What to do? I called up on my cell phone (which I left with my roommate) but as I instructed Ajay Bhaiya didn't attend the call (no wonder I only instructed him not to do so); now it's a problem.. I again called up on my cell, but no luck... I kept trying continuously thinking after getting so many calls definitely Ajay bhaiya will pick up the phone, and yeah after 3rd call he did, I requested him to search Rinku's number stored in my mobile and I'll call him after 5 minutes. After getting number from him I called to Rinku, he told me that Umesh left home at about 7:40pm and he must be in station, I decided to take a final look of platform. Oyeeeee I saw Umesh leaving the station, I shouted.... "Umesh" actually when I didn't come until 9.00, he went inside the railways station (till train) to see me and when he didn't find me there, & finally train left in front of him he was going back to home.
Deepak Bhaiya, Sunil sir and his brother had already boarded the Jammu mail and were on the way to Jammu, since we had missed our train we decided to go to Jammu by next available train POOJA EXP.(10:40pm). We purchased the general ticket since no reservation was available. The train arrived on-time and hundreds of people were ready to board the train, people had locked the train door from inside and sleeping, no one was ready to open the door, somehow we stepped into one of the coaches, after getting in we realized it's coach reserved for Army staff. They asked us to step down immediately, we requested them saying no other door is opened and we have to go to Jammu, few of the soldiers allowed us to sit in their compartment (on top of their trunk). Train departed at 12:40am, the train was going very slow; Umesh & me were feeling sleepy but there was not even a single inch space to stand also, coach was full of Arms & Soldiers trunks. Somehow Umesh found a place below two of the side seats and adjusted himself there :). I managed to sleep on top of aluminium trunk (which was ice cold). We reached JAMMU at 12:00noon late by 3hrs, Deepak Bhaiya & Sunil sir were waiting for us in Jammu station, they had hope that we'll definitely come by next train.
After taking bath & lunch we hired a taxi and went to bus stand. We stepped into a bus for KATRA which was already filled with a group of around 30 girls who came from Punjab for outing. Because girls were waiting for some more friends to join and bus conductor said they'll start after half an hour, Sunil sir said instead of wasting time, we'll go by another bus and we got down of this bus (even though me and Umesh didn't want to ;) ).
From bust-stand we went to KATRA & after keeping the luggage in cloak room, we started our VAISHNODEVI yatra by walk, Vaishno mata is sitting on the hilltop (13kms away from KATRA). When we were on KATRA the local people told us that it's snowing on HILLTOP. After walking for 2:30 - 3.00hrs we reached ADHAKUNVARI; where the famous "GARBH JOONE" cave is located, we queued up for more than 2:30hrs, it was horrible to stand without shoe & shocks on wet mat and also cold wind was pinching every moment, many people gave up and they came out of the queue without getting DARSHAN of MATA'S CAVE. My friend Umesh's condition was also very bad. After waiting for a long while finally we entered into GARBH JOONE, (according to Hindu mythology this cave is WOMB of MAA VAISHNODEVI and people get rebirth after coming out of the cave) . It's the remarkable cave.
After DARSHAN of ADHAKUNVARI we started for VAISHNOMATA temple 6kms from ADHAKUNVARI. At 2:00am midnight we reached hill top; before going to the DARSHAN of VAISHNOMATA me & Deepak bhaiya took bath in ice chilling water (Umesh & others refused to take any risk to life :) ). After bath we went for DARSHAN OF MAA VAISHNODEVI and again queued up. After strong security checking we got the DARSHAN OF MAATA at 3:30am. Then we took a nap for 2hrs and again started our journey for BHAIRON BABA. It's a mythological axiom that without the darshan of BHAIRON BABA the VAISHNODEVI journey is incomplete. On the way to BHAIRON BABA temple, it was snowing. I think all of us first time touched the SNOW, we enjoyed throwing BALL OF SNOWS first time in life, AT THE BHAIRON BABA people were offering nuts to Black face monkeys and getting clicked with them, I also got clicked with my great grand fathers.
The return journey from hilltop to KATRA was very interesting; we were taking snaps, fighting shouting, running, stopping, looking pilgrims, & enjoying the adventurous journey. While returning one beautiful BLUE BABE (I couldn't see her face but Umesh describes she was beautiful) with two of her friends (girl was wearing blue jeans with blue top; so I named her BLUE BABE) was also stepping down behind us. Umesh noticed, "hey man it seems they are following us". I said abbey "this is just your doubt, let's go". But nooooooooo, Umesh said we'll wait for them so we stopped in between and were watching the mountains as if we are really interested in watching mountains :D Suddenly we heard an "excuse me"; Umesh firmly turned, and without loosing a chance said yea yea, why not I'll surely click you all. But the gal said sorryyyy.. We want you to be aside; we want to click here. hahahahahahahah Umesh was soooo embarrassed; that he said we'll move this immediate moment. I told you Bro, you didn't listen :D

Still Umesh said Blue babe is taking interest in us (we were unable to justify taking interest in whom). at 3:30pm we came down to the BAAN-GANGA. And finished our vaishnodevi yatra after taking lunch in Gulshan Kumar's BHANDARA (what a delicious "Halwa" Yum Yum, I had 4 plates of Halwa).
Our train was in the evening, we were already late & Katra to Jammu is 1.30 hrs journey, Deepak bhaiya, Sunil sir & his bro said it's tough to reach station on-time in such a short time span so they'll leave by bus, me and Umesh said let's take a chance. One bus was about to leave towards Jammu we boarded that, we got the last seat. Oye lottery lag gai sonioyooo... the girls group was in this bus only and BLUE BABE was one of the group members sitting just next 2 seats to us, one of the girls came to us and said this seat is reserved, I said "madam reservation train mein hota hai local bus mein nahi". She got frustrated, she went back and came with 1 more girl MONIKA, she was a calm lady, she requested that but is already full and if we can share some space she'll also sit; Umesh the kind hearted, could never resist :). After sometime Umesh started... all the questions you can't even think of, he started asking to Monika they became friends after sometime she offered chewing gum to both of us. I refused but Umesh heartily accepted. Sometimes later BLUE BABE also wanted to come to back seat she asked one of her friend to swap the seat but the one who was sitting with us refused, then after sometime she forcibly came back and sat next to Monica. Umesh said boss she's after you, I said 'shut your mouth', I don't have any such misunderstanding. but Umesh said 'abbey atleast talk to her once...' since I had fight with one of the girl of the group I didn't care till last... even while getting down @ Jammu BLUE BABE shouted and told her Phone number to her friends (repeating each digit twice), as per Umesh "bol ab isse jyada kya? "Perhaps I could have noted down the number :) ". As per the information Umesh got from Monika, they are students of B.Ed. Jammu college and BLUE BABE is from punjab. This 2hrs journey (from Katra to Jammu) was memorable journey, most of the girls from the group of 30 were singing, dancing, and enjoying the moment. We also had very good time with their company. All the Girls got down at Jammu (K.C.). Taking beautiful gals memory in heart we moved to Railway Station.
Hey hey hey did I say; 'sometime I feel myself lucky...' what a luck we thought that we'll not be able to catch the train but after reaching station we came to know that JAMMU MAIL is 2 hrs late. At 8:00pm we boarded Jammu Mail back towards Delhi and arrived next morning 6:20am.
That's all about my Vaishnodevi yatra... It's one of the remarkable journeys of my life.

VAISHNODEVI Tour

31st Jan– 2nd Feb 2003
Travellers,
Krish, Umesh, Deepak Kela, Sunil sir with brother

No comments: